Sunday 27 May 2012

Beside the See Side at the Seaside


Hurrah! The sun is shining and summer is here! What better way is there to celebrate the sunshine than with a holiday on the coast? So with my ukulele, badminton rackets, summer suitcase and sunglasses at the ready, I was all set for a sun soaked week away. 

Although my blog is 'beside the see side’ and not specifically about the seaside I must confess to being slightly obsessed by the sights and sounds of the seaside, and so I could not resist posting a blog about my trip to Dorset. There is so much to be inspired by at Poole, Weymouth and Lyme Regis. I hope you enjoy the photos. So please pull up a deck chair, grab an ice cream, and take a look. 



I do like to be beside the seaside…



 Pastel pink, convertible Beetle = my dream car



Live for leisure time


 
 So much more fun than travelling on the tube



 This is the method of transport we used to get our first glimpse of Durdle Door

 

 Time to leave the sandals behind and go paddling in the sea



 Durdle Door



Look at the people who have managed to climb to the top



 Sadly Punch & Judy were not in when we popped round



 All the fun of the fair. Weymouth’s carousel at night



 I loved these colourful beach huts at Lyme Regis



 Sunshine and shadows



 On top of the world



 The harbour at Lyme Regis



 Cooling down in the sea



Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog :-)


All photographs © Samantha Edgley. All rights reserved 

1 comment:

  1. HI Sam,

    Lovely images of your holiday, I like your style.
    I particularly like the deck chairs...the dog in the sea....the seagull....and finally punch and judy.

    I love my camera, looks like you do to :)

    ReplyDelete